Kuih Puluh

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR to all my blog's readers!!! Have been long time didn't post my recipe, so sorry.

This time I would like to share another recipe, a simple yet delicious new year Kuih Puluh recipe.

Prepare ingredients as listed below:
1. 300g eggs
2. 300g sugar
3. 180g plain flour
Ingredients needed

Method:
1.Beat eggs and sugar until stiff.
2. Mix 30g of flour with 100g of egg mixture. Mix well for a smooth texture.
3. Brush a copper mould with oil, heat in a preheated oven at 170C until hot. Pour the mixture into the mould and bake for about 15-20minutes.4. Unmold and store in an airtight container when cooled.Hint:
Beat the egg mixture until thick right before adding in flour for a fluffier texture.

14 comments:

cariso said...

You are very talented! :)

Ah Shui said...

Hi cariso, thanks...hehe...

CRIZ LAI said...

So that's how the modern way of making this cute little thing. I used to see my Mum and grandmother made these when I was younger. they had burning charcoal at the base as well another container full of burning charcoal on top. Your way looked so simple. :)

http://crizfood.com/

pss... when are you making macaron for sale? I would love to try out some as I had problem getting my friend to get them for me in KL.

Ah Shui said...

Hi Criz,

Yes, nowadays ppl make the kuih puluh using oven, much more easier. but i think olden way of making will be tastier.

macaron ah? haha..haven try yet. hopefully i still remember all the steps of making the macaron..will try it one day.

CRIZ LAI said...

Hmmm... I think you have to change your blog link to my site. You have been visiting the wrong site.. haha. It's http://crizfood.com/ since last year. :P

Ah Shui said...

Criz, ai meh? so fast respond...changed already lo..hehehe...

Lingzie said...

eh looks so simple to make! :) my aunt loves these. she buys them from the jusco in queensbay. will try them out one of these days and let her try!

Ah Shui said...

Hi Lingzie,

Glad that you like it. But be careful of the kuih puluh mold as it tends to stick on the mold if you do not brush enough oil, also remember to preheat the mold first. Wish you all the best in making the kuih puluh.

Big Boys Oven said...

LOVELY! just delicious!

Kitchen clearance said...

Thanks for Information and I like your blog and you are so talented. Thanks !!!

Kitchen said...

Wow, Nice information from you. I like this information and As per my view you are very talented and you havd done such a good job.

Mens Clothing said...

So that's how a modern way of making this cute little thing. My mom and my grandmother when I was younger, these are used to see made. they are also full of burning coal on another vessel to the base they were burning.

Jamila said...

nice

Jamila said...

nice